The Voelcker Family
The property is rich with history and was once operated as a dairy farm by Max and Minnie Voelcker.
Minnie Alma Tomerlin Voelcker was born in San Antonio on December 3, 1905 at her parents’ homestead on Coker Lane, and she continued to live in San Antonio where she met and married her husband, Max H. Voelcker. Together, the Voelckers acquired and operated a successful dairy farm for many years and were active in every operation of the dairy. Together they administered to the livestock, operated milking equipment, oversaw employees, and delivered milk to market.
On August 7, 1980, Max H. Voelcker died and Minnie Alma Tomerlin Voelcker continued to live in the home that Max had built for her up until her death on December 6, 2000. The land was held in a trust following their deaths. The Max and Minnie Tomberlin Voelcker Fund was established to use the Voelcker’s land holdings as a source of funding for medical research, including Targeted Cancer Therapy at the University of Texas Health Science Center and the Cancer Therapy Research Center.