Advanced Training: Starting Out Wild
The advanced training for the Starting Out Wild program is open to all educators, volunteers, parents, and administrators who work with children, ages 1-3.
The core principles of the Starting Out Wild program that will be the focus of the training include:
- The love of nature needs to accompany growing up from the earliest age.
- Teaching must engage both children and parents.
- Learning will spiral moving from tolerating and participating to acquiring nature concepts and vocabulary over the 3-year span.
- Activities should facilitate children's experiences through movement and using all their senses.
- Familiar analogs of unfamiliar concepts and vocabulary are provided.
- Providing an emotionally comfortable environment is the starting point.
This is a free training. Snacks will be provided. A donation to the Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy of $3 per person is suggested.
|Starts||Wednesday, Aug 15, 2018 10:00 am|
|Ends||Wednesday, Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||Monday, Jun 4, 2018 9:00 am|
|Cut-off Date||Friday, Jun 22, 2018 12:00 pm|
|Location||Urban Ecology Center at Phil Hardberger Park (PHP West)|