Wildflowers and Butterflies
If it is raining during the Wildflowers and Butterflies event, the event will be moved to the Salado Classroom at PHP East, 13203 Blanco Rd. If the weather is too severe we will cancel the event. Registrants will be notified via email of cancellations. Keep an eye on PHP social media for updates and cancellations.
Explore native wildflowers and the butterflies that need them with Drake White, Alamo Area Master Naturalist, during a tour of the Butterfly Learning Center. Learn the difference between host plants and nectar sources. Kid friendly activity included.
DIRECTIONS to the Butterfly Learning Center from Wurzbach Pkwy at Blanco Rd:
• Start out going NORTH on BLANCO RD toward BITTERS RD;
• Turn LEFT onto LONGFIELD DR (at stop light, by Blanco BBQ) (0.1 mi);
• Turn LEFT onto OLD BLANCO RD (0.2 mi); Turn RIGHT onto VOELCKER LANE (0.4 mi);
• Continue down road to the Salado Creek Greenway trail parking lot;
• Park and enter the homestead through the pedestrian gate to the left.
A donation to the Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy of $3 per individual or $5 per family is suggested.
|Starts||Saturday, Apr 21, 2018 10:00 am|
|Ends||Saturday, Apr 21, 2018 12:00 pm|
|Location||Voelcker Lane (PHP East)|