Children's Vegetable Garden Spring 2019
Set at the park’s Historic Homestead, the PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is a place for children 7 to 14 years old to get their hands dirty as they learn every aspect of gardening, from planting to harvesting.
With the help of volunteers from the Bexar County Master Gardeners, children begin the morning each Tuesday with a hands-on activity in the garden, followed by a related lesson. Children have fun gardening while learning about team work, agricultural commodities, nutrition, and how to be good stewards of the land.
The PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is a cooperative project of San Antonio Parks and Recreation, Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Bexar County Master Gardeners.
Siblings under 7 years old are not allowed inside the garden.
Registration begins Monday, January 14, 2019
- Parent-Guardian Orientation Tues., Feb. 26, 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Volunteer Orientation Tues., Feb. 26, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Program Begins Tues., Mar. 5, 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Classes meet every Tuesday from March 5 - June 11
- Cost is $75 per plot with up to three children in a family sharing a plot
- Contact Susan Campbell for more information
|Starts||Tuesday, Mar 5, 2019 9:00 am|
|Ends||Tuesday, Mar 5, 2019 11:30 am|
|Registration Start Date||Monday, Jan 14, 2019 9:00 am|
|Individual Price||$75/plot (up to 3 children per plot)|
|Location||Voelcker Homestead (PHP East)|