Children's Vegetable Garden Program
Set at the park’s Historic Homestead, the PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is where children 7 to 14 years old get their hands dirty as they learn every aspect of gardening, from planting to harvesting. With the help of volunteers from the Bexar County Master Gardeners, children begin the morning each Tuesday with a hands-on activity in the garden, followed by a related lesson.
There will be two program seasons — fall (begins in August) and spring (begins in February). Visit this page for Children's Vegetable Garden registrations.
The PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is a cooperative project of San Antonio Parks and Recreation, Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, and Bexar County Master Gardeners.
Registration begins Monday, July 10, 2017
- Parent-Guardian Orientation Tues., Aug. 15, 8:30 am - 9:30 am
- Volunteer Orientation Tues., Aug. 15, 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Program Begins Tues., Aug. 22, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- Classes meet every Tuesday from
August 22 - December 5
- Cost is $75 per plot with up to three children in a family sharing a plot
- Contact Susan Campbell for more information