The adoption signifies NuStar's support of the park through a generous donation of monthly improvement projects at the park.
Only one company may adopt the park per calendar year. Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy and San Antonio Parks and Recreation appreciate the dedication and commitment shown by NuStar Energy.
We encourage other companies who share our mission to Renew, Recreate, Educate to align with the park to help us achieve our goals. One way is through a Business Partnership.
Memorandum of Understanding
Subject to either party's right to terminate, this Memorandum of Understanding shall be in full effect for one year beginning January 12, 2011.
This Memorandum of Understanding shall not create any legally binding obligations or commitments upon either party.
The adopting group Intends to abide by the following guidelines:
- Groups may adopt a park with a minimum one-year commitment. At the end of each year, the adopting organization has the option to renew the commitment if acceptable to both parties.
- The group shall develop and follow a regular schedule of maintenance of the adopted park as agreed upon by the Department of Parks and Recreation. (Here by referred to as "Department".)This will consist of at least one clean-up or beautification project per month during the 12-month period.
- Each volunteer must sign a waiver and release before engaging in project work. If children are participating, the adopting organization or company must have emergency contact information on site. At least one adult supervisor must be on hand for every five children. A parent or guardian's signature is required for children under the age of 18. Children under the age of 5 years may not participate in the program.
- The organization's appointed liaison will contact the Department at least one week prior to the monthly project in order to confirm the work to be done and any supplies or materials to be provided by the Department. The Department will provide trash bags, gloves, paint, brushes, rakes, pruning tools and other items as needed. Tools and brushes must be returned to the department on the Monday following
the project. The organization is responsible for replacing lost tools and equipment.
- All participants are required to conduct themselves in a safe and courteous manner while participating in the program.
- Volunteers may not possess or consume alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs while participating in a project. Dangerous or destructive conduct must be reported to the department.
- Volunteering organizations should maintain a first aid kit and make adequate drinking water available during projects.
- Organizations may not subcontract or assign their responsibilities to other groups or organizations without the Department's written authorization, which shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- Volunteer groups will work on existing park amenities only. No new park amenities will be added in the volunteer efforts without prior discussion and approval.
- Volunteers are not considered City of San Antonio employees when completing work associated with Adopt-A-Park.
- The City of San Antonio may photograph or videotape the Adopt-A-Park events or activities in which the group is participating for the purposes of promoting the City of San Antonio and its services and programs with the understanding that no compensation of any kind will be paid to the participants.
The City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department agrees to provide the following:
- Consultation on suggested park enhancements/projects.
- Staff support and project-related training when appropriate.
- Necessary materials and tools for successful completion of your project such as (but not limited to): gloves, shovels, trash bags, plants, and mulch.
Volunteers are allowed access to Phil Hardberger Park for the purpose of carrying out the terms of this Memorandum of Understanding.
Each party reserves the right to term inate this Memorandum of Understanding at any time.
Adopt-A-Park Group Representative
NuStar Logistics, L.P.
NuStar GP, Inc.; Its General Partner
San Antonio Parks and Recreation